Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cashing in

Yesterday morning, Taylor and I made a quick trip down to Cashiers to visit with my Granddaddy, Aunt Jane and Great Aunt Lula Rose. Lula Rose summers in the mountains, and Granddaddy and Jane came up for the weekend to help her transition back to Birmingham. Of course they were all super excited to see Taylor. Everyone loves a baby. Especially one that smiles a lot and has cheeks the size of catcher’s mitts.



It wasn’t a long visit, but we had enough time to take a short walk, eat lunch and catch up with everything. My family holds such a special place in my heart and I cherish any chance I get to see them. Taylor was an absolute dream during the visit. She was super cute and outgoing, and wore herself out as she slept the entire ride home.



And then, as if the day couldn’t get any more exciting, Chris’s parents got in late yesterday afternoon for their visit. Which means that my little girl will be held, coddled and played with nonstop for the next seven days. And I’ll have a babysitter. So I can run errands without an 18 pound baby on my hip. Hallelujah.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Such a poser in the pictures, Brooke, still haven't changed. When I was going through my "seniors" book and looking at snapshots I had put in there, you are in many of them, and posing in each one! Big Cheese! Miss you!

You're grandaddy looks good.
And I always liked your Aunt Jane stories, what a hoot.

Have a good visit with Chris' family there!

Jess said...

Have a great time this week!
And take the time to browse a bit now that Taylor won't be joining in the errand running!
I have lost touch with the term browsing!

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Don't you just love Grandparents!Love the picture of Taylor like she is yelling along the side of your blog-hilarious!