Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mama, I’m coming home

That’s right, bloggers. The Famous Amys traveling band will be visiting the motherland for Thanksgiving. I haven’t been back to Iowa since January, and that was just a quick solo trip in order to have my parents rub my preggo-belly for good luck. And now that Libba and Dirk have confirmed, it’s going to be a good old fashioned Young family throw down. I can’t wait to show Taylor the farm and introduce her to her Uncle Will, while Chris is looking forward to hunting birds and drinking Fat Tire, and Ruby is eagerly awaiting the chance to run, run, run to her knee and heart’s content. Cross your fingers that she’s healed. Do it. Cross them.

SO. Who else of my sassy blog buddies will be back in Pirate territory for Thanksgiving? I’m still pretty bummed that I missed some of you at the Doxtad-Vollmar Wedding aka the Wedding of the Year aka A sneek-peek of James opening for ACDC. So maybe we could meet up for adult beverages? At a kid-friendly arena, of course. There are a lot of itty-bitty cheeks out there I am looking forward to squeezing, and I’m sure most of you have been itching to get your hands on these…

12 comments:

elizabeth said...

It is times like this when I wish my parents still lived back in Holstein! I miss seeing everyone over the holidays! We will be spending Thanksgiving in South Dakota but hope you have a wonderful holiday!!!

~Juli said...

How exciting you'll be back! We're supposed to have Thanksgiving with my family on the Saturday night after the actual holiday, otherwise we're flexible and only an hour and a half drive away from the homeland anyway :) I'm just going to throw out Friday night and volunteer the Whitmer household (do you love me Meghann :)!! Hope it works for us to all get together!!

Meghann Whitmer said...

Friday night would work. We have a wedding on sat. night. All bloggers come bearing your babies and I will have some drinks for you:) Just wish my kitchen would be done before this. They have now pushed my coutertops back to December!

Libba said...

Ummm, so what if I don't have a baby. Am I still invited? Friday night sounds awesome!

~Juli said...

Libba, before I had a baby, I would always get invited to a friends house along with friends that ALL had babies but me. I still went and had a good time, it got to the point that the others didn't want me to come because I would play with their kids and get them all hiper! You can do that with Addison if you want :) You better be there!!

Ms. Melody said...

I wanna come too! I need a baby fix.. and would love to get my hands on yours! She gets more adorable everytime you post...

Unknown said...

I was gonna volunteer the Whitmers for Friday night!! Matt and I will be there!! We have no babies..but we can still come party!!!

Yeah!!

MoCos said...

Sorry..The Ky is actually Matt's name, but yeah that is the Mocos..You ladies bring the babies..and I will bring booze..Game on

Stephanie said...

whoa! An IRL Blogger party?! That'd be so fun...can you imagine all of the cheek pinching to catch up on?
I get as far as Sioux City to visit in-laws, but haven't been to Holstein in about 7 years.
I'll definately have to check the Thanksgiving plans. If we are in the area, you can count me in, but I'll have to confirm my RSVP later.

The Thorson Throwdown said...

Jack happens to love that there is a complete circle-including 2 sets of stairs-to run around at the Whitmer's! We will have to check the Waverly plans-but it sounds great!

KelseyB said...

Oh LORD! Meghann, I would suggest not finishing the kitchen before we all come. We're going to tear it apart anyway! We won't be around Friday evening, a bummer of the weekend option is that I have to work the weekend. Who knew? Have fun!

~Amy~ said...

Darn, we have a wedding dress rehearsal that night. I wish we would be able to attend cause we will be back in IA that whole week!! Have a great time!!!