Friday, October 17, 2008

Sippy, sippy

Now that my Taylor-tot is six months old and eating real food, everything I’ve read says that I should start introducing water into her diet. I’m all for it, especially if it helps resolve some of the digestive issues that have surfaced as a result of the sweet potatoes. Moms, you know where I’m coming from right now. Grossness.

Anyway, the books and experts all suggest using a sippy cup, and not just putting water in her bottle. Because using the bottle would be way too easy for me. Yes, now that I’m juggling her newfound mobility and the never ending need to be entertained, let’s also coerce her into learning how to drink from a new and totally confusing sippy cup.



This is obviously something we’re going to have to work on. After a few days of practice I can finally get her to put the spout in her mouth, but instead of drinking the water she blows back into the cup. Resulting in water shooting out of the airhole and up her nose, and then her throwing the cup on the table. But at least it’s spill-proof. And apparently Taylor-proof as well.

1 comment:

KelseyB said...

Bottles are like diapers...they aren't going to graduate with them. We put water in the bottle until 1 year old. NEVER JUICE (though, sometimes Pedialyte when they were sick). I figured I wanted them to hold the bottle anyway: formula or water. I also found it easier to learn how to use the cup when they KNEW what was in there (juice) and wanted it bad! (We still water the juice down 1/2 & 1/2) Do it when she's ready. You don't want her to grow up any faster than they already do!