Tuesday, March 10, 2009

11 months old



Today is Taylor’s 11 month birthday. Eleven months old. You can’t see it, but right now I’m shaking my head in disbelief. One month from today, we’re gonna be wiping birthday cake and ice cream from her chubby cheeks.

And speaking of food, it’s hard for me to grasp that I’ll be able to feed her anything and everything in a month. Milk, peanut butter, berries. Yumminess. This past month we introduced pasta and crackers to her diet. Loved them both. Especially the Cheddar Bunnies crackers, which are just more-healthy, organic goldfish. Because I’m still a bit of a freak when it comes to her not eating junk. On our way home from the beach, we stopped at McDonald’s for lunch. Taylor’s first fast-food experience, and this mean Momma didn’t even let her eat any french fries or hamburger. Just banana puffs and her choice of peas or pears. And, just to spite me, she chose the pears.



The biggest milestone this past month was her walking. And while she still favors crawling over her wobbly walk, everyday she’s taking longer and longer strolls. Just in the past few days, she’s gotten stable enough to stand up from sitting without holding onto anything. Except her baby doll.



Speaking of that doll, it’s her new favoritest thing ever. Libba brought her this doll right after she was born, and because, at the time, it was about the same size as baby-T, I just stored it on the top of the bookshelf in the nursery. And last week while Taylor was pulling down all of her books, she grabbed her baby's foot, pulled it down and pretty much hasn’t let it go since.





And other than her baby and her books, she also loves playing with any of her toys that either shoot balls into the air or make lots of noise. Or, preferably, both.



And while her arms, legs and belly are growing, Taylor’s little personality is also starting to get bigger and bigger. She has always been a happy baby, but now she is just hilarious. She’s constantly laughing, squealing and dancing. Total cheeseball.



I feel like she does a little bit of growing up and changing everyday. This past month more than other months, I have felt truly blessed that I am able to stay home and be with her. And while it’s easy for me to get caught up with chores, cooking and errands, I have to stop and remind myself that I need to take advantage of every second with her. Because someday I’m not going to be able to take naps with her on my chest, dance with her to cartoons and spend hours giving her slubbers and kissing her cheeks. Yes, laundry and dirty floors will always be there, but for now I need to cherish every moment I can get.

9 comments:

elizabeth said...

i am so jealous of you. getting to be home with your baby! i often catch myself worrying about the way my house looks and all the stuff i have on my "list" but i have to take a step back and enjoy my babies while i can! happy 11 mth bday!!!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big...Thank you for keeping us updated on precious Taylor. She is adorable and you are doing such a great job Brooke!
Love, Aunt Sandy

KelseyB said...

OH Taylor....we aren't ready for you to be one yet! You are going to be super-cute with bright colored frosting all over those hands and face!

Brooke, I am proud of you for REALLY waiting for that 1 year mark to start the "allergy" food lists. I think, during that 11th month, when we ran out of formula, we started supplementing the breastmilk with real milk. She'll LOVE it! As for peanut butter, they ate the heck outta that....and they still get eggs and cheese everyday for breakfast! My advice for food: 1) a pizza cutter cuts anything from pancakes to eggs; 2) buy yourself a set of those Cutlery Scissors. They are easier to use than a fork and knife all the time....and faster too!

~Amy~ said...

I can't believe she is 11 months already!! She is adorable and I love her little outfits and to see her smiling face!! Next month will be even more exciting and fun!

~Juli said...

Oh, those pictures are just adorbale. I love the one of her peeking around her little baby doll! Happy 11 month b-day Taylor!! What's the theme of the big birthday going to be?

MoCos said...

Well one more month and then it is the big one.. You understand by making mcdonald's evil you will find cheeseburger wrappers in her school bag.. Those fries are heaven!! The girl can have a few! Otherwise what is going to be her go to PMS food...you gotta help her out Mama!!

Little 'Nemos said...

Where has the year gone!! I remember you giving us the play by play of being very pregnant a year ago!! She is adorable, I see alot of Cora in her rolls:)

Stephanie said...

Who's the baby blog prom queen? Baby-T! Love her!! And Brooke, very nice job on the mom thing. It is the best and most important job and you are doing great!! Taylor will LOVE reading these posts when she is older, just like the rest of have as she grows.

Libba said...

Oh my goodness! Can I have a picture of her and the babydoll? I love the one where she's peeking around and it NEEDS to be my desktop wallpaper :-)

Maybe her PMS go-to food will be the naughty queso dip from her favorite Mexican restaurant (I'm getting ready to eat Cantina's for breakfast, and don't judge me!)