And because I still feel like a negligent mother and totally responsible for the entire ordeal, I haven’t let my baby T get more than two inches away from me today. Lots of hugs, kisses and tickles today. And ice cream. And not just remorse ice cream, as we’re still begging those front teeth to pop through and make an appearance. If she doesn’t knock them out first.
Friday, March 27, 2009
First big spill
Well, it finally happened. Last night Taylor suffered her first big fall, and Chris and I pretty much suffered our first heart attacks. Oh, and it was a big tumble. She basically took a swandive off the top of the stairs. Yep, I took my eye off of her for two seconds and she ran, RAN, out of our bedroom and walked right off the top of the staircase. But thank goodness our stairs are carpeted AND Ruby Blue was at the bottom to cushion her fall. And after lots of tears, poking, prodding and praying, we breathed a big sigh of relief, and thanked God about a million times, that she’s totally healthy. Just a nasty rug burn.

And because I still feel like a negligent mother and totally responsible for the entire ordeal, I haven’t let my baby T get more than two inches away from me today. Lots of hugs, kisses and tickles today. And ice cream. And not just remorse ice cream, as we’re still begging those front teeth to pop through and make an appearance. If she doesn’t knock them out first.
And because I still feel like a negligent mother and totally responsible for the entire ordeal, I haven’t let my baby T get more than two inches away from me today. Lots of hugs, kisses and tickles today. And ice cream. And not just remorse ice cream, as we’re still begging those front teeth to pop through and make an appearance. If she doesn’t knock them out first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh know, welcome to a few of many, I swear they are made of rubber:) Did Ruby hold up ok:)
I will never forget buying our first gates at Wal-Mart, running into Alex and Jann Murphy. He told us that we weren't parents if our kids didn't fall down the stairs. I could not believe it - I thought they were awful to say that. Now after about 10 times of Kellen falling down our 6 stairs, I can say they were sooooo right!
And Taylor still looks cute even with a rug burn!
Ah, yes....the fall. Grant went down the first time when he could crawl! I am with you...pretty much had a heart attack and thought we'd have to go to the ER. HAHAHA! Looking back, it may have been the easiest we've gone through. A shout out to RubyBlue! You go girl! Just like a superhero~ always there when we need you!
Aww, Taylor-tot! Poor girl. I'm with Kelsey, rug burn and all she still looks adorable. I can so so so hear my brother-in-law saying what Jess said too :) One time Addison bent her back all crazy and wrong and was crying and I called him just sure she had a back injury and he pretty much laughed at me. I also thought he was awful but now I look back and laugh. Those spills are no fun and I can completely understand the feeling of a mom heart attack! Job well done Ruby.
Ah man...spills are no good, but Taylor looks like she is taking it in stride!!
Post a Comment