First time meeting her Uncle Ryan.

We were thrilled to introduce Taylor to her Godfather. Ryan is taking a break from the grind, or as we said - In between projects, and helping Greg and Sue with home improvements and generally just enjoying life. There are many words I can think of to describe my brother-in-law, with the main one being Entertaining. He’s bananas fun. And if you’re not laughing when he’s around, then I’m checking your pulse. Because the kid’s that hilarious. And it was clear that Taylor was absolutely in awe of him and his amazing dance moves the entire visit.

First boat ride.

We were lucky to borrow a newborn lifejacket so we could take Taylor for a ride on the boat. It was no surprise that she absolutely loved it. She LOVES being outside and LOVES moving. And even though she was completely swallowed-up in that jacket, I could tell she was having a blast. Her Grandpa even let her try driving the boat, which I thought was pretty unfair seeing that I’m 30 years older that her and he’s never offered me the wheel.

First swim in the lake.

I was very much looking forward to dipping Taylor in the water during this trip, and was overjoyed that the weather cooperated with us. The lake temperature was just right, so we squeezed her in her bathing suit and brought her in. She loved it and is now officially a water-baby. Look at that belly! She was practically buoyant.

So that’s it, folks. Back to our standard, non-vacation life. Complete with home improvements, a semi-teething baby and a shaven, surgically enhanced chocolate lab. And while a typical day doesn’t involve lake sunsets and nightly bonfires, we’re still having a pretty good time.
2 comments:
She is SO cute! That life jacket just ate her up! The one with Gpa is hillarious! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the one where she's sitting in the water smiling and laughing. I love looking at your pictures...she's just a breath of fresh air!
I love her chunky little legs!!
How is your dog doing? Ruger is finally back to normal this month and he had sugery memorial day weekend. so hang in there:)
Post a Comment