Thursday, October 8, 2009

Déjà vu

As I mentioned before, Chris is in St Louis this week for conferences, leaving Taylor and I the perfect opportunity to go down to Birmingham for a few days to hang out with my sister and extended Blackwell family. And just like our trip to the farm last month, T traveled like a champ. Most likely a result of all the baby gear I loaded in the car. Or the fact that she got fast food. Either way, Happy Baby = Very Happy Momma.



And not only was she a good girl on the car ride there and back, she was great during the entire visit. Which I was nervous about, considering that the last time we went down south in May, she had a kung-fu grip on my legs the entire trip and would freak out if I wasn’t within an arms length of her. But not this time. In fact, she handled the new faces and change of scenery like a pro, and was happy to entertain all of my family with her cuteness.



On Monday night we all gathered at my Granddaddy’s house to feast, drink lots of wine and celebrate both his and Libba’s belated birthdays. There were 17 people there, and with most of them being of Blackwell decent, the decibel level was equivalent to an outdoor concert. What can I say? We are called the loud family for a reason.





And FUN. Don’t forget how fun we all are.



And on Tuesday, my Aunt Jane and I took baby T to the Birmingham Zoo, a staple vacation-stop for Libba, Will and I growing up. Taylor proceeded to lick her way around the facility. Don’t worry, Mom. Jane and I bathed her in Purel when we got in the parking lot.







My girl most enjoyed the giraffes and the monkeys. She least enjoyed SITTING in the stroller, making for one tired, dirty little girl at the end of that adventure.





It was a wonderful trip, and I always cherish any amount of time I can spend with Libba and Dirk, Granddaddy and the Graffeo family. They definitely make my heart smile, and I thank them so much for all their wonderful southern hospitality.

2 comments:

Little 'Nemos said...

Ohh looks like a good time. Especially the zoo. your soo lucky outdoor days are coming to an end here. Your week alone is almost done woo woo!!

Jess said...

Oh my goodness, Taylor is looking so grown up! Do you hesitate to post such fun pics for your Mom to see???? Looks like a great visit!